A chilled Filly

Monday 5 December 2011

Playing with Billy again

Just a quick note as it is late and we have to get up early to go to James Roberts yard again.
As the title says I have started playing with Billy again. His legs seem to finally be healing well after some 5 or 6 months. He is certainly full of himself and has spent the last two days testing our leadership relationship again. I hope I am winning !
The remarkable thing is that other than these displays of dominance he seems to have forgotten nothing that he has been taught in the past despite the long layoff. May this give hope to others in a similar situation. Circling game is very good as is sideways. In fact some of his yields have improved. However he is testing my strength of will when it comes to porcupine game on the halter, and given me another learn burn on my hand. Only slight though. The yard girls have mentioned that he is becoming more difficult to lead and as they are using a leather halter I can well believe it.
Sorry this is short but must go to bed now and prepare to have brain overload again tomorrow

No comments: