A chilled Filly

Sunday 21 August 2011

Content Filly

Just a quick post today.
I spent sometime in the field with Filly yesterday and her little herd. It suddenly occured to me this was what my original goal with her had been. She is not mine so all the other stuff like saddling was not an original aim. Just making this frightened little horse happy in her own skin and content with being a horse was what I wanted. Sometimes we loose focus on what or goals were as we push forwards towards saddling, sitting on our horse, sideways games etc etc. In the end with Filly I just wanted to make her happy and I think we have got there. I will still continue to play with her and enjoy her company rather than get frustrated with getting her to go sideways towards, stand on a pedastel, make the tea and all the other things we would like to be able to do. I need to also reflect on the journey we have completed.
Thanks Filly.


No comments: