A chilled Filly

Sunday 29 May 2011

Cute Filly Photos

Another day of play with Bonitao and Filly. Billy has thrown a shoe at the moment so we need the farrier out before we can do much with him.
Not much to report today, just steady improvement  on recent sessions. I am finding that my enforced immobility is for some reason making my observational powers much more acute and I am picking up on some of the horses more subtle body language.
Bonitao first, after Ritchie had played for a while. Online only today and all the usual games. Sideways over a cones was even better than before, I guess his is adjusting to my seated body language. We also managed half a circle sideways, a full circle would my testing my flexibility whilst sitting down !
With Filly I finally found an effective phase 4 for her backup. She has always been reluctant to back away from me and flicking the stick underhand at her breast was not very effective and very nearly impossible when seated. Using the tick overhand however I get a very satisfactory crack out of the string which seemed to do the trick. I think I tagged her with it once, but that was not my intention. Anyway the result was very good, not only did she backup with rather more enthusiasm, but her ears came forward and she became obviously far more interested in my suggestions and more playful. I always hate going to phase 3 or 4 but on every occasion, when done with the attitude of justice, the result has been a more interested willing partner. I'll leave you to judge from the attached photos if it enhanced or damaged our relationship

No comments: