A chilled Filly

Friday 20 May 2011

Watching Ritchie

A quiet day yesterday, I just went to the yard sat in the sunshine watching Filly graze in the field. She did come trotting up for a long hello, but in the end the grass was too tempting.
I did watch Ritchie play with Bonitao however and it was interesting to pick up on very minor things like changes in body language etc. I now begin to understand how the instructors get so good so fast. Watching others play allows you to concentrate on picking up on both their good points and errors, then realise that you too have the same errors but you didn't realise it!
James Roberts had mentioned how being unable to ride with his broken leg had also allowed him time to really observe what his staff were doing with the horses and learn a huge amount from that observation. Maybe this enforced time out will actually be good for my Savvy after all !!
As for progress of the injury, I have up days and down days. Last night I actually managed 4 to 5 hours sleep for the first time in a while. Boy does that feel better. The pain has settled into a dull ache, which keeps me awake, to pain free. When pain free I really have to concentrate and remember not to load up the damaged hip when walking. A quarter of the no load bearing time is now done and the tunnel is beginning to look at little shorter.

No comments: